How to Make a Chalkboard Wall at Home
- grout powder
- Latex paint in desired color (black or other dark color)
- bucket for mixing ingredients
- brush or roller.
Steps and how to make a chalkboard on the wall:
- Previously, latex paint with the color of your choice was first mixed with water based on the ingredients contained in the paint package.
- After that, mix the grout powder into the liquid paint in a bucket with a ratio of 1 grout: 8 paint.
- Stir the grout and paint mixture thoroughly to avoid a layered or gritty layer on the walls later.
- If the amount of mixture is large enough, use a paint shaker to make the job easier.
- The next step is to prepare the walls.
- Clean the wall surface from dust, dirt, liquid, stain or oil. If necessary, use detergent or soap to clean the walls well.
- After cleaning and drying, use a roller or large brush to apply the paint and grout mixture to the walls.
- For best results, polish the walls twice.
- For the edges, use a small brush to completely paint the wall.
- After the painting process is complete, wait for the wall to dry.
- The drying process for the second layer of walls takes a minimum of 3 hours, and the drying process for ready-to-use or decoration is a minimum of 3 days.
- After three days, the chalkboard wall is ready to use.
- You can also decorate the walls with borders such as picture frames and add a chalk organizer and eraser to the edges of the walls.
5 Chalkboard Wall Design Ideas
1. Develop creativity in the kitchen
- reminder board
- where is the recipe recorded
- Creative place.